Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Journey with Harry Potter


Nine years earlier, I was just like anyone else, an ordinary muggle as Rowling puts it until I watched the first installment of the movie versions that shook my world from then on.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, from its movie alone, brought immediately that something odd about it, in a positive way and as I haven’t read a single page of its books, I had my full confidence on the film only.

The first movie ignited my curiosity that I repeated it thrice when I was still at school, I was 19 years old then but I was like a kid that started to appreciate how nice to be a kid for the first time. When finally I was able to buy my own copy of the book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone at only Ph189.00, I was an immediate certified addict. I fell in love with the book and I used to compare it to the movie and realised there were indeed changes in sequences and script that should have been said by another character but over-all, who cares of the changes, I still enjoy the movie, but would always love the books, its wit and humour!

If Harry Potter’s ticket to wizarding world is his letter from Hogwarts, mine, on the other hand, is the movie which opened my senses to magical world, to the characters I consider I grew up with, ha ha.

From Sorcerer’s Stone to the final book Deathly Hollows, my addiction has never ceased to impress me up to now. After almost a decade, I am as hooked as ever to the books and the movies, and even to the actors who convincingly portrayed the characters into life.


As a book reader, I commend Rowling for her un-challenged intelligence writing the novels loved across all ages. The books have magic on its own, it successfully created a world beyond imagination, a dimension where life is at its fullest, where emotions flips out from the pages to the reader. Sometimes, it even made me curious, the books are for young adults, not children...the book is a timeless classic as early as now.

Recently, I successfully re-read all the books and enjoyed every page of it, no regrets all. I can say, I am more than ready watching the Deathly Hollows on November and I wouldn’t care if I will watch it 7 times?

Now, after 9 years, as I journeyed together with the books' yearly released, Harry Potter had been through a lot of challenges and experiences, and always with his best friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. In the same way, I made a fantastic journey too, from university to corporate world. I might not have a foe as wicked as Lord Voldemort but I had had my own shares of bad lucks too but I am glad I have best friends along this journey, from every phase of journey.



The boy who lived’s story has changed people’s lives, mine included. One should remember that even the most adored and loathed characters have transitioned, so as the real actors behind the famous magical names, and so, we shall carry on with our respective lives, bring with us the good lessons of the books to make our lives as perfectly magical as Potter’s, (or choose your own character).

To the boy who lived, long live!

Hear hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers